Healing Scriptures for Health and Wellness
***Scroll down to see the Healing Scriptures***
Your prayer for healing is most effective when you pray these Scriptures out in the affirmative. You can take a few of these Scriptures daily and pray them out, thanking God as you are growing in the understanding of His will to heal you.
Isaiah 53:5 “But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.”
Sin and healing are taken care of together.
Understand that your right to perfect health is on the same grounds as your rights to prayer. It is your right standing because of what Christ did that gives you a right. So when you believe God in prayer for a disease-free life, all you have to do is thank God because you have been given access to this free gift by faith in Christ Jesus. Christ has paid the price of sickness and disease. It was the price for sin He paid, and now you have been declared free from all sickness by God. Don’t let Satan trick you into falling into sickness and disease. You have to stand your ground in the Name of Jesus. You have to invoke your rights through the blood against Satan, and Jesus your Advocate will rise to defend your position and guarantee that you enjoy the full benefits of your covenant. You must know that you have been redeemed from sickness. (See Believer’s Covenant of Health Book)
1 John 5:4, 5- For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?
As believers, we ought to live a lifestyle of believing, and believing by the word of God (in this case healing Scriptures). Faith is of the spirit, and it feeds on the Word of God to gain strength. The Word of God is spirit and life (John 6:63), thus living by the Word is to live in the spirit. God’s word is food for the spirit, and man ought not to live by bread alone but by every word that comes out from the mouth of God (Mathew 4:4). We ought not to be moved by our circumstances or by what the natural senses tell us. The Word of God should be our standard, and our final authority, for the just (righteous) shall live by faith. (See Romans 1:17, Galatians 3:11, Habakkuk 2:4)
Hebrews 11:1 says “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” In other words, faith is giving substance to what cannot be seen. Believing God’s healing power is a practical expression of your confidence in what Jesus has done for you concerning your health. Faith is not based on your feelings; it is based on the Word of God. Faith is believing now, at this present instance, in what is unseen, based on the Word of God.
Notice what 1 Peter 2:24 says, “who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed.” (NKJV)
Did you notice Peter says you were healed? So if I was healed, then I am healed now! The evidence of my healing is what the Healing Scriptures have said. Even though I may feel pain in my body, I refuse to accept that I am sick, but rather I hold on to my title deed; the evidence that I have taken health as mine based on the healing Scriptures.
Faith acts confidently based on this revealed truth from the Word of God. Notice also that James 2:17 tells us that faith must have a corresponding action. If I believe based on God’s Word that I am healed, I have to talk like it’s so and act like it’s so. This means getting out of bed and carrying along with my daily business in life. The spirit of faith speaks, and puts corresponding action to what is being said. Faith is not quiet in declaring ownership of one’s rights based on the Word. Notice what the Bible says is 2 Corinthians 4:13 – “We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak”
As believers, we are expected to train our faith muscles, so we can by faith win even greater battles that may come against us. Your faith has the ability to fight battles from headaches to cancer. Every Christian has faith, and has the ability to develop their faith for healing, no matter what disease it is. It is in the face of adversity that your faith is proved. So don’t talk doubt and unbelief; instead irrespective of what your situation may look like currently, speak the Word only. Declare your healing is so in the Name of Jesus.
The most effective way to receive healing and walk in divine health is by faith. Even in helping others around you, it is most effective to help them build their faith for healing. Many times people go for special services and they have hands laid on them so many times for different ailments, and they seem to be okay for a while, then the symptoms come back. Why? It is because so often people have not developed their faith so they can hold on to their wellness. A decision to take sides with these Scriptures on Healing in all circumstances, whatever it may be, is the starting point of faith; you have to act God’s word out like it’s the script of a theatrical play – the play called life. In this act, I am supposed to act like I know I’m healed, because I am healed. My circumstances cannot change it, what God has said is true and that is final.
The following healing Scriptures from the Bible are verses that unveil how God healed people in the Old and New Testament, they also show God’s willingness to heal those that He healed, and it also shows God’s desire for our wellness. Romans 15:4 says “ For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope”. As you read through these healing Scriptures, internalize them, and build the confidence in your heart that your healing and wellness is God’s will for your life. Faith start where the will of God is known, and as you become clear on God’s will for your life, your faith begins to develop.
Healing Scriptures from the Old Testament
1) Exodus 15:26 and said, “If you diligently heed the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the LORD who heals you.”
2) Genesis 6:3 And the LORD said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years”
3) Genesis 15:15 Now as for you, you shall go to your fathers in peace; you shall be buried at a good old age.
4) Job 5:26 You shall come to the grave at a full age, As a sheaf of grain ripens in its season.
5) Exodus 12:13 Now the blood shall be a sign for you on the houses where you are. And when I see the blood, I will pass over you; and the plague shall not be on you to destroy you when I strike the land of Egypt.
6) Exodus 23: 25, 26 “So you shall serve the LORD your God, and He will bless your bread and your water. And I will take sickness away from the midst of you. No one shall suffer miscarriage or be barren in your land; I will fulfill the number of your days.
7) Deuteronomy 7:15 And the LORD will take away from you all sickness, and will afflict you with none of the terrible diseases of Egypt which you have known, but will lay them on all those who hate you.
8) Deuteronomy 11:9,21 and that you may prolong your days in the land which the LORD swore to give your fathers, to them and their descendants, ‘a land flowing with milk and honey.’…that your days and the days of your children may be multiplied in the land of which the LORD swore to your fathers to give them, like the days of the heavens above the earth.
9) Proverbs 17:22 ”A merry heart does good, like medicine, but a broken spirit dries the bones.”
10) Psalm 103:1, 3 Bless the LORD, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name! Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases
11) Deuteronomy 33:25 Your sandals shall be iron and bronze; as your days, so shall your strength be.
12) Job 33:25 His flesh shall be young like a child’s, He shall return to the days of his youth.
13) Psalms 30: 2 O LORD my God, I cried out to You, And You healed me.
14) Psalms 29:11 The LORD will give strength to His people
15) Psalms 41:2, 3 The LORD will preserve him and keep him alive, And he will be blessed on the earth; You will not deliver him to the will of his enemies. The LORD will strengthen him on his bed of illness;
16) Psalms 91:10, 16 No evil shall befall you, Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling…With long life I will satisfy him, And show him My salvation
17) Psalms 107:20 He sent His word and healed them, And delivered them from their destruction.
18) Psalms 118:17 I shall not die, but live, And declare the works of the LORD.
19) Psalms 147:3 He heals the brokenhearted, And binds up their wounds
21) Proverbs 4:10 Hear, my son, and receive my sayings, And the years of your life will be many.
22) Proverbs 3:5-8 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the LORD and depart from evil. It will be health to your flesh, and strength to your bones.
23) Proverbs 4:20, 22 My son, give attention to my words; Incline your ear to my sayings. For they are life to those who find them, and health to all their flesh.
24) Proverbs 15:30 The light of the eyes rejoices the heart, and a good report makes the bones healthy.
25) Proverbs. 16:24 Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the bones.
26) Nehemiah 8:10 Then he said to them, “Go your way, eat the fat, drink the sweet, and send portions to those for whom nothing is prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord. Do not sorrow, for the joy of the LORD is your strength”
27) Isaiah 32:3, 5, 6 The eyes of those who see will not be dim, and the ears of those who hear will listen; Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped. Then the lame shall leap like a deer, and the tongue of the dumb sing. For waters shall burst forth in the wilderness, and streams in the desert.
28) Isaiah. 38:16, 20 O Lord, by these things men live; and in all these things is the life of my spirit; So You will restore me and make me live, “ The LORD was ready to save me; Therefore we will sing my songs with stringed instruments all the days of our life, in the house of the LORD.”
29) Isaiah 40:29 He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength.
30) Isaiah. 40:31; 41:10 But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint. Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
31) Isaiah. 46:4 Even to your old age, I am He, and even to gray hairs I will carry you! I have made, and I will bear; Even I will carry, and will deliver you.
32) Isaiah 53:4, 5, 10 Surely He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; Yet we esteemed Him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed. Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise Him; He has put Him to grief. When You make His soul an offering for sin, He shall see His seed, He shall prolong His days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in His hand
33) Isaiah 57:19 I create the fruit of the lips: Peace, peace to him who is far off and to him who is near,” says the LORD, “And I will heal him.”
34) Isaiah 58:8 Then your light shall break forth like the morning, your healing shall spring forth speedily, and your righteousness shall go before you; The glory of the LORD shall be your rear guard.
35) Jeremiah 30:17 For I will restore health to you and heal you of your wounds,’ says the LORD, ‘Because they called you an outcast saying: “This is Zion; No one seeks her.”’
36) Jeremiah 33:6 Behold, I will bring it health and healing; I will heal them and reveal to them the abundance of peace and truth.
37) Ezekiel 34:16 “I will seek what was lost and bring back what was driven away, bind up the broken and strengthen what was sick; but I will destroy the fat and the strong, and feed them in judgment.”
38) Ezekiel 37:5, 14 Thus says the Lord GOD to these bones: “Surely I will cause breath to enter into you, and you shall live. I will put My Spirit in you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. Then you shall know that I, the LORD, have spoken it and performed it,” says the LORD.’”
39) Ezekiel 47:9 And it shall be that every living thing that moves, wherever the rivers go, will live. There will be a very great multitude of fish, because these waters go there; for they will be healed, and everything will live wherever the river goes.
40) Amos 5:4, 6 For thus says the LORD to the house of Israel: “ Seek Me and live; Seek the LORD and live
41) Malachi 4:2 But to you who fear My name the Sun of Righteousness shall arise with healing in His wings; and you shall go out and grow fat like stall-fed calves.
Healing Scriptures from the New Testament
42) Matthew 8:3 Then Jesus put out His hand and touched him, saying, “I am willing; be cleansed.” Immediately his leprosy was cleansed.
43) Matthew. 8:17 that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying: “He Himself took our infirmities and bore our sicknesses.”
44) Matthew 9:12 When Jesus heard that, He said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick.”
45) Matthew 14:14 And when Jesus went out He saw a great multitude; and He was moved with compassion for them, and healed their sick.
46) Matthew 4:23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease among the people.
47) Matthew 9:29 Then He touched their eyes, saying, “According to your faith let it be to you.”
48) Matthew 10:1 And when He had called His twelve disciples to Him, He gave them power over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease.
49) Matthew 12:15 But when Jesus knew it, He withdrew from there. And great multitudes followed Him, and He healed them all.
50) Matthew 14:36 and begged Him that they might only touch the hem of His garment. And as many as touched it were made perfectly well.
51) Mark 7:37 And they were astonished beyond measure, saying, “He has done all things well. He makes both the deaf to hear and the mute to speak.”
52) Mark 16:18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.
53) Luke 4:18 Jesus says “ The Spirit of the LORD is upon Me, because He has anointed Me, to preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed
54) Luke 9:11, 56 But when the multitudes knew it, they followed Him; and He received them and spoke to them about the kingdom of God, and healed those who had need of healing, For the Son of Man did not come to destroy men’s lives but to save them.” And they went to another village.
55) Luke 10:19 Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
56) John 1:4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.
57) John. 6:63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
58) John 10:10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
59) John 11:25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.
60) John 14:14 If you askanything in My name, I will do it.
61) Acts 3:6, 16 Then Peter said, “Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk.” And His name, through faith in His name, has made this man strong, whom you see and know. Yes, the faith which comes through Him has given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.
62) Acts 4:30 by stretching out Your hand to heal, and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Your holy Servant Jesus.”
63) Acts 9:34 And Peter said to him, “Aeneas, Jesus the Christ heals you. Arise and make your bed.” Then he arose immediately.
24) Acts 10:38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.
64) Acts 19:12 so that even handkerchiefs or aprons were brought from his body to the sick, and the diseases left them and the evil spirits went out of them.
65) Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
66) Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.
67) 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.
68) 2 Corinthians 4:10, 11 always carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body. 11 For we who live are always delivered to death for Jesus’ sake, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh.
69) Ephesians 1:22 And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church
70) Ephesians 6:3 “Honor your father and mother,” which is the first commandment with promise: “that it may be well with you and you may live long on the earth.”
71) Colossians 1:13 He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love
72) Hebrews 2:9, 14, 15 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone. Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
73) James 5:13-15 Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing psalms. Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven
74) 1 Peter 2:24 who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed.
75) 3 John 2 Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.
76) Galatians 3:13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”
Check out the Believer’s Covenant of Health Book